Posted April 4, 2022 | Senior Graphic Designer
Have you worked in a small or medium, fast-paced design agency with multiple clients?
Have you developed a complete brand system, from print to digital?
Do you understand the importance of branding and love to find interesting ways to bring it to life?
Do you love being a part of an accomplished, dedicated and innovative team?
Do you have wine and/or consumer goods experience?
Then you might be the right person for this position.
We are in need of a dynamic and skilled in-house Sr. Graphic Designer to help us reach our goals. Reporting to the head of agency, the Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining the objectives of the agency; creative design, quality control, account management and client care. Must have at least 8+ years of combined work experience in both the creative and technical aspects of design. This is a great opportunity to join an established team of directors, designers and developers to work, play and grow within both the print and digital arenas. Familiarity with the wine business is a bonus. This is an in-office position. Monday – Friday.
We’re a prominent, woman-owned, 360-degree branding and design agency based in Napa Valley for over 25 years. Versatile, innovative, responsive and reliable, our team partners with clients to achieve and surpass their business objectives, creating long lasting relationships with people and their brand. We’re a fun, close, fast-paced office in downtown Napa and our work is dynamic—so a love of collaborative teamwork and enthusiasm are a must.
- Participating in project kick-off and status meetings with creative and/or art director and clients;
- Create simple, powerful answers to our client’s business challenges from concept to execution, across multiple platforms;
- Design identity systems, marketing and sales collateral, DTC and wholesale packaging, advertising and email campaigns in Adobe CS, including the creation of document templates with clear hierarchies of content;
- Participate in design presentations and reviews, with the ability to articulate thinking behind concepts and design decisions;
- Maintain consistency of the client brand(s) across a wide range of deliverables, such as print, digital and social assets;
- Create and prepare files for printers, press checks and project management;
- Gather quotes from vendors on behalf of clients;
- Engage with clients and colleagues to ensure that the scope for individual jobs and projects is clearly defined and understood;
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders
- At least 8+ years of combined work experience in both the creative and technical aspects of design;
- 5+ years experience of working in a small or medium sized design agency;
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- Collaborative style with high motivation and strong desire to achieve;
- Strong sense of layout, color theory, typography, and style;
- Keeping up with current trends and innovations in design and other relevant fields, and enhancing existing or learning new skills, as part of continuing professional development;
- Strong time management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail with a particular focus on ensuring that clients’ needs are understood and met;
- Ability to meet deadlines with the ability to pivot and process feedback quickly in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment;
- Strong focus on maintaining brand equity, quality and consistency through all materials;
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills of creative work, and project details;
- Experience in print management with an excellent grasp of the production and prepress process;
- Some experience designing website layouts and other digital communications;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an ability to liaise effectively with clients, providers of content, other service providers and colleagues to ensure that deadlines are met
To apply, email us and include your resume with a link to your portfolio. Resumes without portfolios will not be considered.